Monday, June 28, 2010

Window needs to be designed again!

Its been a month now that construction just got finished in our flat. For long masons kept coming for all cementing and various other activities. But the chimney next to our flat keeps the vicinity always polluted and keeps it chaotic as well. I thought of shifting so many times wondering it’s hazardous with the health perspective. But then buying house all over again is not that easy these days, so we planned to construct an extra room on our terrace. In the process, we did not realize that a small bird was also constructing a dwelling for itself. Not sure what species did it belong to, I noticed later that each day, it would bring a twig and add to make a small nest. The minute design details kept me speechless for a while. Meticulously created, I envied the architecture to that of mine.

In fact after noticing the miniature castle, I had to strictly ask my laborers to avoid breaking the nest and make sure the bird's eggs were not destroyed. Meanwhile, I got busy in settling my things in the new room and my masons continued doing the finishing touch. It was laborers last day at work after a hectic schedule of six months. Once I was done, I thought of checking the whereabouts of the nest and see if the offsprings came into the world or not. I went and found it missing. Surprised and sad, I tried searching it in the nearby areas. Masons came and said, ''Madamji, the bird stopped coming after some days when you got busy with the settlement. In the meantime, we saw the offsprings screaming. Thought of telling you but those died too. Kya karein? (What to do) so much of polluted air keeps coming this way. We still suggest you to think on the window design again." I kept mum.

No comments: